About the Nebraska Hearing Society
|The Nebraska Chapter of the International Hearing Society comprises of Board Certified Hearing Instrument Specialists, Licensed Hearing Instrument Dispensers, and Audiologists from Nebraska and surrounding states.
THE PURPOSE OF THE NEBRASKA HEARING SOCIETY IS TO:
- Promote the welfare, insofar as hearing is concerned, of the hearing impaired.
- Promote and advance the programs of this society and coordinate them with the programs of similar organizations.
- Provide a unified voice for those engaged in the practice of testing human hearing and selecting, fitting, counseling and dispensing hearing instruments.
- Seek and maintain communication and cooperation with other professions involved in hearing health care.
- Improve the methods of marketing, selecting, fitting, counseling, dispensing and using hearing instruments.
- Establish standards of education and techniques in aural rehabilitation by means of amplification.
- Sponsor and enforce among its members a code of ethical practices.
- Promote and encourage an effective program of public education as to the benefits of the use of amplification.